International Conference for Dispersion Analysis & Materials Testing 2021
Berlin, Germany, January 25-26, 2021
From 25 - 26 January 2021, LUM GmbH hosts the next, now traditional International Conference for Dispersion Analysis & Materials Testing in Berlin, Germany. The conference organizer invites all world-wide LUM instrument users to learn strategies and results from scientific and industrial experts using LUMiReader PSA & LUMiReader X-Ray, LUMiFuge, LUMiSizer, LUMiSpoc, LUMiFrac (for composite materials) and LUMiFlector.Registration opens soon!
Conference topics include:
Particle & Surface Characterization
- Particle size distribution of nano- and microparticles / Hansen Dispersibility Parameter/Hansen Solubility Parameter / Particle density distribution / Particle surface characterization
Real-time & Accelerated Stability
- Direct accelerated stability testing of dispersions / Real-time separation in emulsions and suspensions / Comparative and predictive shelf life for dispersions (ISO/TR 13097) / Stability testing of cosmetic products (ISO/TR 18811)
- Tensile testing / Shear testing / Characterization of coatings / Characterization of composite materials / Mechanical strength
- Separation of particles in industrial processes / Characterization of dispersibility and filterability / Shear and compressive yield stress / Up- and downstream processing
Scientific Committee Chair: Prof. Dr. D. Lerche, LUM GmbH
The conference organizer invites all world-wide LUM instrument users to present their strategies and results in the scientific and industrial use of LUMiSizer, LUMiFuge, LUMiReader, LUMiReader X-Ray and LUMiFrac in the frame of an oral presentation (for general topics see above). Kindly send your abstract for an oral presentation in English as MS word file by email to event[at]lum-gmbh.de. Please download the stylesheet for your abstract HERE.
Deadline for abstract submission will be announced soon.
All abstracts will be published on www.dispersion-letters.com. Presenting authors are granted the participation (including evening event) free of charge.
With calling papers for the Young Scientist Award 2021 LUM again broadens its support and commitment in promoting young researchers from universities and academic institutions all across the globe. The submissions of relevant scientific results to the organizing committee of the conference are hereby strongly encouraged.
To qualify, any applicant must meet the following conditions:
• Experimental results that advance the understanding of the general scientific community in the analysis of dispersions/
particles respectively in materials testing were obtained by using LUM instruments (no longer than two years after graduation).
• The scientific significance of the results is met by submitting a peer reviewed publication, a Bachelor, Master or PhD thesis as copy, or, in case of unpublished results, a detailed description of work.
• Applicants provide a two-page abstract and a detailed curriculum vitae, along with a letter of recommendation by the supervisor.
Please download the stylesheet for your abstract at here. Kindly submit all documents by email to event[at]lum-gmbh.de, keyword LUMYSA 2021. We will keep you informed about further dates and deadlines.
Two days including evening event:
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT till August 31 2020
after August 31:
Conference (25-26 Jan 2021) & Workshop/Hands On Training (27 Jan 2021, details forthcoming):
Early Bird Discount (25%) Conference & Workshop till August 31 2020:
After August 31:
limited to 20 pax, first-come-first-serve basis, registered conference attendants only.
Cancellation fee after Jan,3 2021, 100%.
Cancellation fee after Dec, 3 2020, 50%.
A substitute is welcome.
* net per person, VAT not included.